Monday 31 July 2017

Second 'First' Day!!

Monday 31st July, 2017

Second First Day!!
   I didn't wake up this morning because of a stereotypical alarm clock, I woke up because of the jitters, the excitement of experiencing my 'second first day'. The buzzing excitement caged in my body permitted me to arrive half an hour early to my place of work, Care Point. It was at that point when I was crossing the road that I also met up with my future partner in crime, Ranako.
   We had already met the owner, Mr. Shannon Clarke, but I still didn't quite know what to expect, I already knew what was expected of me, to be diligent, helpful and respectful but I was at a loss for what I was to expect of Care Point.
   I went with an open mind and an open heart, willing to accept whatever challenges may come my way, then lo and behold, I find out that my first challenge was to say; what I expected to learn from this program by the end of the month?
   I stumbled and bumbled until I eventually came up with suitable answers different to the ones that I gave on Friday, but in the end, I made it, at least through the morning session, which was filled with research about Electronic Health Records, aka EHR.
   Learning about something that I had never paid attention to before was insightful, the vast amount of knowledge on the world wide web wasn't just fascinating, but extremely fascinating. But then being asked to apply that knowledge and explain a topic to my employer that I had only learned about today was awesome, so awesome that I'm partially sorry that tomorrow is a bank holiday.
   I can't wait until Wednesday, if me and Ranako are already conversing with clients and sprouting out our ideas on our first day, then I can hardly imagine what Wednesday, as well as the rest of this internship will be like.

Abigail
#StepUpWithMM
www.carepoint.co

No comments:

Post a Comment