Wednesday 2 August 2017

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!!!

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!!!


Monday afternoon, I was excited for my next work day, which was today, Wednesday 2nd August, 2017. The morning began excellently, with Ranako and I taking notes and listening to examples on how to make cold calls and how to accept no's while turning them into a yes.

We passed through the morning without any challenges, even went to lunch on time and had a cup of tea. That was until the afternoon hit like a tidal wave, we were unprepared for the high tides and our weeping brains were then quickly carried up shore, away from our bodies and resistant to helping us.

We went through the afternoon session as slowly as slow could go, which wasn't very fast, as we ended up 'working overtime', but in the end, we learned something that we never knew before. Which was kind of awesome.

If we had known that this is what it would have been like, we would have never told our employer that we wanted more of a challenge, however, you reap what you sow.

Apparently, we sowed programming languages that we knew nothing about, because that is exactly what we reaped.

Nevertheless, I used 'knew', as we can no longer say that we don't know the languages. I am truly grateful for this internship as well as my place of employment, Care Point, as I came for experience as well as to rid myself of the mental block that hinders my abilities.

Today, I realized that I hinder myself, I doubt myself, I realized that I don't put enough faith in myself, therefore that is now my short term goal for the end of the month, to stop putting a limit to my abilities. Because today, I realized that I could do the impossible, at least the impossible to me, programming. So kudos to Shaqueilla and Kibwe, I truly wish you guys luck in your future endeavors.

And yes partner in crime, we shall overcome! Fried brains and all.

Abigail
#StepUpWithMM
www.carepoint.co

No comments:

Post a Comment