Friday 31 August 2018

I was a POS Person.

AJM Enterprises was more than just a company; the words of one of my co-workers reflected the atmosphere I experienced immediately after my first day there. It felt more like a family than a company, a family dedicated to proper business but a family nonetheless.

Surrounded by the likes of the owner, Mr. Watson, and my co-workers Raheem, Kia, and Ms. Alleyne; I quickly eased into place as though I had always belonged there. This atmosphere contributed greatly to the rate at which I was able to learn, and soon enough the time seemed to fly past faster than I expected. After all, time flies when you're having fun.

Everyday I came away with new information, new lessons to take with me on my path. From the sagely advice of both Mr. Watson and Ms. Alleyne, my seniors in age and experience by far, to the hands-on training and discussions I participated in for hours everyday with Raheem, only a few years older than me, someone I could truly relate to. As we crossed Barbados to and fro to get the job done. From St. Phillip to St. Lucy and back, I ventured with my mentor to businesses all over the island, meeting a plethora of business owners and employees, most of which proved to be both entertaining and insightful at the same time in their own ways.

Not only have I come away from the experience with an awakening of sorts, having been exposed to the reality of what makes so much of Barbados move everyday, but also I've made some friends as well. People I would never have met without the Micro Macro Programme, and people I would never have expected to come to know.




No comments:

Post a Comment