Friday 31 August 2018

Reflection



Today is the last day of the Micro Macro Internship and despite wanting to call it quits at some point, I made it to the end...Yay me. 

This programme has definitely been a learning experience and I’ve decided to share what I learnt over the last 6 weeks with you. Here goes: 

  • A goal without a plan is just a wish. I have a book of goals but the one thing I don’t have in that book is how I plan to  accomplish any of those goals. The first thing I learnt in this programme is you should not only write your goals down but also write where you are now and how you plan to get there. 
  • It doesn’t matter what you do as long as you love what you do and you give your all to be the best at what you do. 
  • Always speak with confidence! You can be speaking facts but if you don’t speak those facts with confidence then people will never believe you. Bottom line is-if you don’t believe you, why should I believe you? 
  • Always make sure you communicate with the right people. Never give someone a message and hope that they pass it on. 
  • Patience.
  • In life you won’t always get to do what you want but it is how you handle the situation that matters.
  • Form good relationships with everyone. You never know what door they can open for you in the future. 
  • Stand up for yourself! If you keep quiet, people will always take advantage of you because they know you will not say anything. (Thanks Dr. Arthur🙂)
  • Never try to avoid a situation because you are afraid of the outcome.
  • Accept responsibility for your actions without making excuses, ALWAYS!
  • Never back down. If you want something go after it no matter how many times you are told no. Your determination will not go unnoticed.
  • As hard as it may be, control your emotions. Think before you speak/act or suffer the consequences. 
  • You may not see how something is beneficial to you now because your judgement is clouded but you will see it later. 
  • Don’t be ordinary, be EXTRAORDINARY. 
  • Always give your best even if the task seems unimportant to you at the time. 
  • Always give more than is expected.
  • You have to withstand some uncomfortable situations in order to get to where you want to be. 


I’ve definitely had a change in perspective since my last blog post and I’m glad that I toughed it out to the end. 


Dear future interns, you just made a great investment in your future by applying to the Micro Macro Internship Programme. You won’t regret it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment