Friday 31 August 2018

Why I applied to the internship?

I was looking to do an internship for the summer but I didn't know how to go about applying for one, I was searching all over trying to find an internship so that I would have something to do for the summer instead of just staying at home. I came across Micro Macro because of someone that my sister knows who shared the internship on their social media and my sister signed me up for it because she knew that I was looking for an internship and she thought it would be a good idea. So I signed up and I was waiting on a response and after a while I didn't receive any so I thought I didn't make it until I got an email one day updating me on the process. I knew that I wanted to do an internship to meet new people and come out of my shell a little more. When I was being interviewed I told my interviewer that I would like to work on my shyness .

The internship from my point of view.

When we had our first week of training I was a little shy because I did not really know anyone but as the week went along I got a little comfortable with everyone. Our interns' picnic really helped in me getting comfortable with everyone who was there. The more time I spent with everyone the more I got comfortable. When it came to my placement I chose to join the social media project because I did not want to speak to people on the phone but if I would go back in time I would choose project 1 because even though no calls were made I believe if any  calls were made and I was doing that project it would have challenged my comfort zone. I really didn't like the fact that I was home based because I really wanted to go somewhere and have to interact with other people. However my placement has taught me to be better at communication and double checking or even triple checking behind people because if I don't I will suffer greatly.  One thing I will miss is the people because I started to enjoy their company and one thing I won't miss is Kris-Nan's jokes,  i'm so glad to not have to suffer through the corny jokes anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment